Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sparkly Crystals never look a gift horse in the mouth

One of my Mom's friends who once made jewelry, decided she wasn't going to any more.  She knew that I made jewelry and so very sweetly gave me this stash of beads stored in a Tupperware container.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it.  Two boxes of gold and silver backed crystals in all colors and sizes, plastic pearl rosary chain, googly eyes, loose plastic pearls - no hole, gold colored ice pick bails and spring clasps.  If you know me - not much of that sounds like me.  However - again - if you know me - you know I'll probably hang on to it for a while.
Eventually I'll find a use for it.  And I have.


These are some fabulous Christmas pins - some were missing crystal rhinestones - well whaddya know!  I have some of those!!


Here's that little treasure trove.  I have gone to this box, more often than not, to match a pearl or a crystal for a brooch, bracelet, earring - you name it!  I have yet to have to go to our local Ben Franklin, Michael's, or Jo Ann's and buy crystals - which are pricey by the way - especially when you may only need one - of a certain color or size. 
Thank You Dolores!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...