Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day


Boy I wish he were mine! This little fella belongs to the Lucketts Store though and he is their mascot, I guess - always dressed appropriately for the season and keeping watch over the front counter.

Groundhog Day and why I love it:

1. The absolute kitschyness of the whole event in Punxatawney, PA is too fun and over the top - I am seriously planning to attend next year.

2. My mom and I always celebrate today, because this is the day that I was released from the preemie ward and came to live with my adoptive parents. I weighed 4 pounds and had to be fed every 2 hours - my grandfather, Roland, (who was also born on 2/2 - I believe) told my mom he didn't think I was going to make it. I guess I showed him!
3. The movie Groundhog Day - I love how the main character has to keep repeating the day until he 'gets it right'.

4. It is my one year etsy anniversary - at least from the buying end! I have so enjoyed the opportunity to buy and sell in this fantastic marketplace full of such great people!
Check out Phil's site http://www.groundhog.org/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...