Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Back to my Roots

I spent most of today photographing items to list both on eBay and Etsy.   In between loading and editing pics - my daughter was printing pics to use on her graduation thank yous.

My Kawaii Cuties earrings have been very popular so I have had to make more.

My daughter had some awesome espadrilles that she barely wore - and some jean shorts that she grew out of in 2 seconds.  These definitely had to get listed on eBay and soon!
 Never been worn espadrilles in an olive satin - decorated with silver stitching and gold beads - size 10.
Cute canvas espadrilles in kelly green - also size 10.


 About half a dozen pairs of shorts...  now all on a five day auction on eBay.  Bye bye!


A variety of items to list in my vintage as well as my handmade shops on Etsy.  This is an adorable brocade hand bag with a faux tortoiseshell frame/handles.


A cute vintage John Deere wagon and a hand made floral arrangement.


An awesome collection of vintage milk glass.  


And this is where I go back to my roots - the beginnings of Bittersweet Design Studio lay right here.   When I first started my business - I made wreaths and arrangements out of the wild flowers and vines that grew on my property.
That was 22 years ago.  I will have to say I haven't made a dried flower wreath in YEARS!  However - 2012 graduation 'interfered' with the harvesting of my lavender at the exact time - and so NO lavender wands this year.  But I did have some wonderful herbs and flowers that had flowered or set pods - and I was getting the 'urge' to do a little something with my bounty.  So while the computer was in use for printing and such - I wandered my almost acre and cut from my gardens.  I made these this evening.


So here we are!  From left to right - Yarrow and Roman Chamomile; Lavender and Larkspur; Oregano and Nigella.  The fresh herbs are wired on to Bittersweet vine frames.  All grown and harvested in my very own yard.  They will dry and stay lovely and fragrant like this for a few years.


That makes me happy!  Liz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...