Thursday, December 11, 2008

Counting your Blessings

The first December open house that we held on the 5th and 6th was lots of fun. We made peppermint topped brownies bites and had sparkling cider and hot cocoa to drink. A wide variety of items sold including jewelry, ornaments, signs, soaps and lotion bars and more.
I have however (honestly, a long time ago), given up trying to figure out the buying public. I send out 200+ invitations to our open houses and perhaps 5-10% of our customers come. Thank goodness for the loyal ones!
I was busy yesterday making all sorts of wreaths. I took some up to Lucketts and will keep the others in the shop for our last open house of 2008 - tomorrow and Saturday. The rest of the day was spent running errands - in the cold rain - but I kept thinking how thankful I was that I had the money to buy the groceries, to keep a roof over my head, etc...

This is what this season should be about - counting our blessings!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...